Before we discuss how to disable YouTube casting, lets see what YouTube cast is. The YouTube Cast icon in the YouTube application appears when the same network of WIFI is connected to the Chromecast device. The main reason people look to disable play on tv YouTube is because it is very annoying. It appears every time and tries to cast any nearby device whenever a person tries to open the YouTube application.
Also, there are times when people try to search on the app and it accidentally does cast to any device nearby it. This makes a random YouTube video to appear on the TV screen when someone is watching the TV which makes the the person want to turn off YouTube cast. Now let’s see how to disable YouTube casting feature.
Read: Pagebuddynotisvc | What Is It In Android? How To Disable It (Detailed Guide)
Ways To Disable YouTube Casting
There are different ways turn off YouTube cast. Here we have added different ways to disable play on tv YouTube:
1. Disable YouTube Casting
This procedure will not remove the YouTube casting button but it will surely won’t automatically cast videos into any device. Here is how to do it:
- Go to Settings > Google > Device And Sharing > Cast Media Controls
- Unmark Media Controls For Cast Devices Option
- You are done
Following the simple steps will help you to .disable play on tv YouTube.
2. Use An Application
Their are applications available on Play Store with the help of which you can disable the YouTube casting option on your device. Their are a lot of ad blocking applications available on Play Store which offers this feature to turn off YouTube cast.
Read: How To Remove CM Applock? 4 Easy Methods To Uninstall CM Applock
3. Disable Cast Notifications
Another simple way is to just disable the notifications of casting to get rid of accidental presses on YouTube Casting. Here is how to do it:
- Go to the Settings Option
- Select Google > Select Google Cast
- Turn of “Show Remote Control Notification’s” Option
This is an easy method to disable notifications from Google Cast and an easy solution to how to disable YouTube casting.
4. Turning Off Nearby device Scanning
With the procedure, Chromecast will not be able to find your device and YouTube casting won’t be possible. Here is how you can do it:
- Open Settings > Search Nearby Share
- Turn the feature off
It was that simple to use this method. It was the easiest solution to how to disable YouTube casting.
Solutions By Different Users That You Can Try
Here are some of the solutions given by the Chromecast users. You should check these out as well. One of these might work for you to disable play on tv YouTube.
- Add Secondary router and connect all the other devices to the secondary router.
- Disconnect the YouTube casting from TV.
- Remove the location of casting as default.
- Unplug Chromecast from TV.
Read: What Is RCP Components On Android | Detailed Guide
Here are few advanced solutions and you should only try these if you have some technical knowledge.
- Root your mobile phone > Install the ROM Toolbox > Grant the ROM Toolbox the Root Access > Further Uninstall the Chromecast.
- Turn the TV’s CEC off for Chromecast HDMI input. This will make the TV not automatically cast if someone accidently does press on the casting option.
- Use a guest network option by putting your device in a separate subnet with no access to mDNS bleeding.
Read: Resetting Clash Of Clans | How To Restart Clash Of Clans On Both Android & IPhone
This was the complete article on how you can easily disable the YouTube casting feature. We have added all the possible ways with the help of which you can disable this feature. I hope you found this article helpful and if you have any question in mind, you can mention them in the comments.