A lot of Android users are facing an issue of Wifi speed slow on Android. Wifi is one of the most important things a person uses on their devices as it helps you connect with Internet. Due to some reason Wi-Fi is not working properly on some Android devices and the same connection is working completely fine on other devices. It is making users wonder why is my phone slow on wifi?
In this article, we will help you fix wifi slow on phone issue in 7 different ways with the help of which wifi speed slow on android will be fixed in no time.
7 Ways To Fix Wifi Speed Slow On Android
1. Restart Router
It is the easiest method to fix wifi slow on phone issue. Restarting your router will establish a new connection with you phone again and the speed issue will be fixed. It might or might not work for you but it is worth giving a shot. If it doesn’t work for you, move to the next one.
2. Check I.P. Address
In this method, you will have to check if your phone I.P. address is same as the other devices using that network. If that is the case, both your devices are trying to use the same I.P. address and making the connection slow for one another. Follow these easy steps to check the I.P.
- Go to Phone Settings > Wifi
- Select Wifi Network and check the I.P.
- Similarly check the I.P. on the other device
If the I.P. are same follow these steps for one device.
- Log in to your Router
- Change DHCP I.P. to 192.168.11 from 10.0.0.1
- Wifi slow on phone issue will be resolved
3. Change WPA2/AES Setting
Follow the steps below to use this method:
- Go to your Web browser and login into your Router Settings
- Check the security encryption, it should be WPA2/AES
- If not, change it to WPA2/AES
This one is also an easy solution to why is my phone slow on Wifi.
4. Reconfigure Network On Mobile
This one is also an easy one. Follow the steps below to reconfigure the Wifi network on mobile:
- Go to the settings of your phone
- Open Wifi settings and select the option Forget
- Now switch off your phone and switch off your router as well
- After a minute, switch both on and once router reboots, connect your phone with it
- Wifi speed slow on Android will be fixed
5. Check For Running Background Apps
Check if you have background apps running on your Android device. If you have a lot of background apps running on your device then their is a good chance it is slowing your device. Close all the apps running in your background and check the speed. Your Wifi speed will be boosted on your Android device.
6. Clear Junk On Browsers
In this method, clear all the history( cache & cookies as well) from your browsers. Also, if you are using an old Android device and using chrome, try switching lighter browsers such as Opera.
7. Change Wifi Password
You should change your wifi password from time to time if you are facing Wifi speed slow on Android and wondering why is my phone slow on Wifi? There are a lot of people who steal Wifi passwords and use your internet connection. If multiple users are connected to the same network, Wifi speed will be reduced.
In this article, we gave easy solutions to Wifi slow on phone error. You can try these methods and I am sure one of these will work for you. I hope this article was helpful to you and if you have any questions related to this topic, you can mention it in the comments.