Having loved ones can both be a blessing and a curse. Sometimes people aren’t aware of the dangers they face on a phone while using some apps. With that being said, listed below are various ways on how to block apps on Android phone.
Use eyeZy To Block Apps On Android
There are numerous apps on the market. However, these apps can be gateways to wasting time or causing harm. Certain apps can connect anyone with online cyberbullies and scammers. And this is when eyeZy comes in.
When it comes to blocking apps and Android site blocker, eyeZy helps stop others from accessing specific apps. You stay updated regarding their online activity and help in keeping them safe.
With eyeZy, you have a lot of features to look forward to:
- The blocking feature allows you to block apps on Android phones.
- You can view the list of all of the apps that are installed on the device.
- Also, you can monitor their activity on Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, Snapchat, etc.
- You do not need any type of physical access to the Android device after the installation of eyeZy.
Two Other Effective Methods
So, how to block apps on Android phone? There are two other methods you can try, in addition to the one mentioned above.
First Method: Using Google Play Store (For Android)
For this method, you need to have physical access to the device. When it comes to the Google Play Store, a lot of the apps come with an age rating which helps in showing which apps are appropriate enough to use. This is how to block certain apps on Android:
- Open Google Play Store.
- Click on your profile icon that’s located on the top-right side of the screen.
- Next, click on Settings.
- Go to ‘User Controls’ and then click on Parental Controls.
- Turn on Parental Controls.
- Create your PIN, and click ‘Okay’ to confirm it.
- Click ‘Apps & Games.’
- Select your preferred age limit.
- Lastly, click on ‘Save’ to apply all of the changes.
On the other hand, this method comes with some complexities. With Google Play Store, the user doesn’t have the option to block certain apps. You can only restrict these apps from downloading, so it doesn’t give an answer to “how to block apps on Android.”
Second Method: By Restricting Access (For iOS)
When it comes to iOS, there is a feature that automatically blocks access to apps and websites you don’t want others to see. For this to work, you will need access to the device; hence you need to be quick and discreet.
- Firstly go to the phone’s settings.
- Tap on ‘Screen Time.’
- From there, click on ‘Content Restriction.’ Over here, you will get options to restrict certain types of content, such as web content, explicit content, and iTunes & App Store purchases.
- You can choose whichever type of content you don’t want others to access by clicking on it and disabling the corresponding command.
However, there is one issue with this method. With the iPhone, you don’t have the option to block certain apps; you only have the opportunity to block websites and other people from completely installing or deleting apps.
When you know how you can block apps on Android devices and other devices as well, it makes it easier to keep your loved ones away from any sort of online harm. For blocking apps on Android phones, eyeZy is a great help and comes with many features. You can also try the other two other methods mentioned.