You don’t hear about misplaced deliveries from respected internet retailers every day. Receiving a message from Amazon informing you that your package may be lost is even more perplexing. The good news is that your package may not be lost, but it could be delayed. Amazon will send you an email or a message to alert you of the situation.
What does the amazon package may be lost mean?
Regarding shipping logistics, ‘lost’ means that the package was scheduled for delivery and is later found to have been delivered. Your package may be lost amazon delivery notification, such as – the package was not delivered to you (the recipient) or left at your front door but is subsequently located by an Amazon employee.
How are you notified?
When stuff gets misplaced, a common courtesy is letting you know the situation. Amazon may send you emails and notifications via your online account on amazon.com to inform you that something went wrong with your delivery and help them track down the package.
Read: Check Amazon Gift Card Balance Without Redeeming
How do I know if my package is lost?
Amazon uses a variety of methods to confirm whether your package is lost. Many of these concerns can be eliminated if you are present when the delivery arrives.
- If in amazon your package may be lost, you will get information by email or a message in your account. The package will probably be located and delivered within a few days.
- If you’re not home when the delivery arrives, you may need to sign for the package. In that case, please bring it to the post office or UPS/FedEx shipping center within 5 days.
- Your tracking number is required to find out if the package is lost or just delayed.
- Amazon will contact you via phone or email if the package is lost.
- If you order a gift, the company will contact your friend or family member.
What to do if your Amazon package may be lost?
In this situation, you’ll have to wait for 10 to 15 business days, or even more.
- Track your package on amazon.com using the tracking service and check your missing order’s status.
- Check with family and friends if they have been receiving the package for you.
- Contact Amazon via phone and ask about the missing item.
- Talk about how long it takes for items to be returned in case of loss or damage during shipment.
Read: Amazon App Not Working: 4 Easy Solutions
You can also request for Refund if your missing order has not been delivered.
- Open your Amazon account and click on ‘Your Account; you will be directed to a page where you can find the ‘Order History’.
- Click on your order link, and it will show you an option called “Report a Problem” once you click on it, a pop-up will appear asking for more details.
- It is suggested that you provide your Order Number and Tracking Number, in addition to the delivery date.
- If you want to speak with someone about the refund, call the Amazon customer service number.