Many users have been looking for ways to turn off or disable mock locations feature in their android smart phone. If you are wondering why this bizarre request is even a thing, then let me tell you, it is a requirement by Pokemon Go that users must turn off mock locations in order to play the game properly. Hence, in this article we are going to discuss the methods on how to turn off mock locations.
How To Turn Off mock locations In Android?
If you want to enable or disable mock locations on your phone then you first have to enable developer mode. It is normally disabled on most phones so you will have to do this manually. To enable developer mode, follow these steps:
- Go to your Phone Settings
- Scroll down to the bottom of the menu and locate the Developer Mode setting
- Click on it and Scroll Down again
- Locate the Build Number option
- Now all you have to do is click on the Build Number option exactly 7 Times
Now that you have figured out how to enable developer mode, congratulations. In the next step we shall figure out how to disable mock locations so that you can play the Pokemon Go game on your android smart phone with absolute peace of mind.
Read: How To Fix Samsung Wireless Charging Paused Issue
Follow these steps to turn off the mock location feature in your android smart phone:
- Firstly, to turn off the mock locations we need to go to our Phone Settings
- Secondly, locate Developer Options (or search for Developer Options in search bar) as that will enable us to disable mock locations
- Thirdly, Once you are in the developer options, you must scroll down till you can find the option that says “Allow Mock Location”
- Turn off Mock Location (There should be a slider button with the help of which you can choose whether you want to turn off or keep the mock location on as usual)
These were the easy steps you need to follow to know how to turn off mock locations. Follow the simple steps to use this method above.
Read: 5 Easy Ways To “Fix Phone Not Allowed MM#6 Error”
Once you have turned the mock location off, your phone will only use the real time location in your phone. This is beneficial if you want to play games like Pokemon Go or other games that require your live location in real time. This is also the best way to play these games because if you use the mock location, the game slows down and so does the internet.
This method for how to turn off mock locations also consumes a lot of battery. This means that you will not be able to play the game for a longer duration of time when you want to be hunting Pokemon and capturing the gyms to become a leader.